What is Stress?
In simple terms, stress is the distortion of your mental makeup which leaves you clouded in your decision-making. It is a feeling of strain or pressure. Stresscan wreak havoc in one’s life. It can affect the physical, mental, emotional and psychological well being of a person. Majority of the time, as humans we are too focused on things that we have no control over our thought process. This is one of the root cause of most of our stress. In a scientific view, the main hormone that is released when we are stressed is known as Cortisol. It is released in response to stress and low-blood- glucose concentration. Too much or too little production of the same can have adverse effects on your mind and body.
How does Stress affect our health and intellectual abilities?
Stress if not handled early can manifest into many diseases and lead to psychological disorders in a person. It slowly chips away your immunity to fight diseases and bodily functions become irregular. A list of problems including but not limited to –
- Weight gain/loss
- High blood pressure
- Low self-confidence
- Lack of concentration
- Relationship issues
- Workplace issues
Here’s a rundown of things that will help you reduce stress:
- The first step to handle the stress is to identify the genesis of stress. Understand which area of your life is giving you stress.
- Living in the present moment and stop worrying about the future. Spending time doing things you love and having a positive approach towards life helps relieve stress.
- Reaching out to your closed ones is the best tool for handling stress.
- Meditation and Gratitude. Sounds clichéd, yes, but it is tremendously helpful.
- Journaling. Writing down whatever thoughts come to your mind will help in gaining clarity and reduce stress.
- Last but the most important; seek professional help like psychological counseling so that the problem is not magnified further.
What is Stress Management?
Stress Management is a positive approach used in solving stressful situations and to help a person challenge real as well as perceived boundaries and also help make a person realize his/her own true worth by Empowering, Enabling and Energizing individuals, which in turn leads to a healthy state of mind. It is a wide spectrum of techniques and therapies aimed at controlling a person’s stress. To move from a stressful mind to a stress-free life, professional counseling can work wonders. Counseling can bring about this change by altering one’s thoughts, emotions, and communication pattern. Talk to our stress manager Sarla Totla about it and seek professional help to get a healthy mind and a happy life.